LPC 2020 Microconferences
The Containers and Checkpoint/Restore MC at Linux Plumbers is the opportunity for runtime maintainers, kernel developers and others involved with containers on Linux to talk about what they are up to and agree on the next major changes to kernel and userspace.
Common discussions topic tend to be improvement to the user namespace, opening up more kernel functionalities to unprivileged users, new ways to dump and restore kernel state, Linux Security Modules and syscall handling and more.
Last year's success has prompted us to reprise the microconference this year.
Topics we would like to cover include:
- Next steps for uid/gid shifting for mounts and namespaces
- pidfds and their use for containers
- Handling of new mount APIs and unprivileged containers
- Solutions to transition from CgroupV1 to CgroupV2
- Use and limitations of the time namespace
- Hardware assisted isolation of processes/containers
- More to be added based on CfP for this microconference