[Note: Moved to Kernel Summit Track.]
Linux Plumbers 2018: ZUFS - Zero Copy User-Mode FileSystem - One year Later
One year after its inception there are real hardened FSs. Real performance measurements. and many innovative fixtures. But is it ready for upstream?
- ALL VFS api working including dax, mmap IOCTL xattrs ACLs ....
- IO API changed (From last year)
- Support for ASYNC operations
- Support for both pmem and regular block devices
- Support for private memory pools
- ZTs multy-channel and dynamic channel allocation
- And many more ...
In the talk I will give a short architectural and functional overview.
Then will go over some of the leftover challenges.
And finally hope to engage in an open discussion of how this project should move forward to be accepted into the Kernel, gain more users and FS implementations.
|I agree to abide by the anti-harassment policy||Yes|