fw_devlink has been enabled as "on" by default since version 5.13 and ensures a device's probe() is never called before its supplier devices have successfully bound to a driver.
This talk will be focusing on any remaining issues and future improvements. Some of the topics that'll be discussed include:
- Are there any unresolved issues on specific hardware due to fw_devlink=on?
- Are there any DT properties that should be parsed by fw_devlink?
- What debugging improvements are needed for fw_devlink?
- Plan to use fw_devlink to do topologically sorted probing of devices. Any concerns?
- Are we ready to do fully asynchronous probing for DT based systems?
- Anyone wants to add ACPI support?
|I agree to abide by the anti-harassment policy||I agree|